Keep the Rez Beautiful (KRB) was recently recognized at the Keep America Beautiful’s National Conference with the Award of Excellence in Washington, DC for:
• conducting 30 cleanups in five years, including numerous water cleanups using kayaks,
• installing cigarette ash receptacles in several parks and campgrounds through Cigarette Litter Prevention Program,
• installing county’s first solar compactor in a park with Waste Management grant,
• creating the Turtle Point Nature Area, a pollinator/sensory garden that uses native plants to promote water quality,
• constructing a paved walking trail, benches, and an ADA-compliant kayak launch, and
• creating 18 pollinator gardens, planting more than 50 azaleas along a major roadway, and planting scores of trees thanks to various KAB Community Impact Grants over the last three years.